Helping a safe visit for everyone
In the light of the current situation, we all need to work together in keeping staff and customers safe.
In order to do so, I would ask that all customers follow these expectations.
1) COVID19 SYMPTOMS – If you or another member of your household displays any symptoms, please stay at home and follow government guidelines.
2) HAND SANITATION – Please use the supplied hand sanitiser before entering the building. Also, thoroughly wash your hand in the sinks provided within the toilets. Cleaning of the hands is essential after using the toilets or after coughing or sneezing (these should be caught in a tissue or in the crease of you elbow).
3)CONTAMINATED SURFACES – Please avoid touching your face and shared objects such as hand rails, the bar, tables etc wherever possible. An increase of cleaning these key areas will be implemented.
4) CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS – This information is there so that everyone is clear about what we can all do to keep people safe. It will be shared with all customers upon entering the building. A copy will also be displayed on our website and Facebook page. If you are not sure about something, please ask a member of staff.
5) RECORD OF VISITORS – We, as a pub, have been advised by the government to record customers details. As always, customers names and phone numbers will be recorded in the relevant diary’s (camping, food or B&B). If you do not have a reservation with us, please report to the bar where we can add the customers wishing to stay with us into the diary or give you a slip to complete if you are drinking / dining. One set of details per household will be suffice. We have some slips of paper where you can write your details and deposit it in the box provided on the bar. Should you have forgot to hand you slip in, or would like to complete details online please use the form at the bottom of this page.
6) DISTANCING – Wherever possible, please keep a distance of 2m (or 1m where 2m is not possible). Customers are encouraged to reserve tables for food where possible (we are not reserving them for drinks alone). We will offer table service where possible to ease queuing at the bar. There will be no reservation, table service or tabs for outdoor customers and we do ask that only one person per group visits the bar in order to ease congestion.
7) CUSTOMERS FACING EACH OTHER – Please be mindful of this when taking a seat. Customers are encouraged to sit back to back where possible.
8) GROUP GATHERINGS – The government advise that any two households or support bubbles are okay to gather indoors while outdoor gatherings are limited to any two households or support bubbles OR a maximum of six people from any number of households. We are urging customers to respect these guidelines.
9) CUTLERY AND CONDIMENTS – These will be brought to your table along with your food.
10) VULNERABLE CUSTOMERS – We will be offering takeaway food and drink (collection only) for our customers who chose to drink and dine at home or for campers. These orders will need ringing through and paying for over the phone or can be ordered at the bar. They can be collected within an agreed time slot.
We understand that this is a lot to take in. This situation is new to us all. I would ask that customers be patient and understanding as this is a new way of working for us and our staff.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation
To provide further piece of mind, should you wish to view our document for staff expectations, please download here.